The SEATS training course focuses and provides delegates in the construction sector an introduction to site environmental issues, including being a responsible contractor and the basic understanding of environmental management systems. If booked in-house, the course can also be tailored towards a specific company or sector. The course is suitable for site managers, supervisors, site foreman and sub-contractors.
Accreditation – CITB
Duration – 1 day
Grant – you can claim up to £30 if you provide us with your CITB Levy number.
Validation – SEATS certificates are valid for 5 years, you will need to sit another SEATS course before your 5 years is up.
Entry requirements – there are no formal entry requirements. However, the delegate is to be proficient in English (written and oral).
Additional information –
Course objectives, by the end of the course the delegate will:
– Understand the significance and importance of the environment
– Have a basic understanding of Environmental Management Systems
– Understand and be able to carry out best practice methods on site
– Identify the prevention of pollution and water management
– Use of energy and resources
– how to be a responsible contractor and a good neighbour – including statutory nuisance, communications, archaeology and heritage.
Delegates on the course will learn through various assessment and teaching techniques, including looking at case studies, undertaking group work, classroom discussions and individual / group presentations. The tutor will assess the delegates throughout the day and at the end of the course, you will complete a multiple-choice test.
Further development/ qualifications – the SEATS course is the level equivalent to the CITB SSSTS course. Once you have obtained this qualification, it will be valid for five years and must be renewed upon its expiry.