The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management course covers the management of health & safety and in particular fire safety including current legal requirements. It also includes principles of fire and explosion, causes & prevention of fires, fire protection in buildings and ensuring the safety of people in the event of fire.
This NEBOSH Fire Safety qualification will equip holders to carry out fire risk assessments of most workplaces and identify the range of fire protective and preventative measures required. The Fire Safety Conversion is suitable for managers and supervisory staff who need to ensure that their organisation meets its responsibilities under fire safety legislation.
* Delegates must have passed the NGC1 unit as part of a previous NEBOSH qualification within the last 5 years to attend this course.
The NEBOSH conversion course is assessed by – a two-hour written examination for Unit FC1, the written examination consists of ten ‘short-answer’ questions and one ‘long-answer’ question (all questions are compulsory). Unit FC2 is assessed by a practical application undertaken within the candidate’s own workplace, to be taken within 10 working days of the date of the FC1 written papers.
Accreditation – NEBOSH
Duration – 5 days (+1 day for exam)
Validation – NEBOSH qualifications do not expire, you are not required to retake any units or sit a refresher course.
Entry requirements – delegates must have passed the NGC1 unit as part of a previous NEBOSH qualification within the last 5 years to attend this course.
Additional information –
Course objectives, by the end of the course successful candidates will be able to:
– understand the legal framework relating to fire and health & safety
– appreciate the purpose and procedures of investigating fires in the workplace
– outline the principles behind ignition and the spread of fire and explosion in a work premises
– identify the causes of fire and explosion, outline the appropriate control measures to minimise fire risks
– advise on the means of fire protection and prevention of fire spread within buildings
– advise on the development and maintenance of a fire evacuation procedure
– use a simple fire risk assessment technique to determine risk levels and assess the adequacy of controls.
Further development / qualifications – other NEBSOH courses, Construction Certificate, Environmental Certificate