The NEBOSH National Construction Conversion Certificate is aimed at Supervisors, Managers and CDM coordinators within the construction industry who are required to ensure that activities under their control are undertaken safely.
This NEBOSH qualification likely to prove useful for those concerned with the management of buildings who may need to ensure that contractors are working safely. The qualification is also appropriate for supervisors and managers working in other industries such as utilities, and even broadcasting, where temporary workplaces are a feature of their activities
* Students wishing to take this NEBOSH Construction conversion course need to have passed the NGC1 as part of a previous NEBOSH qualification within the last 5 years.
The NEBOSH Construction Conversion assessment is by an end-of-course examination comprising of one written paper – NCC1 (Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities) and a practical assessment NCC2 which consists of carrying out a health and safety inspection of a construction site and preparing a management report. Delegates are responsible for submitting their assessments within the required timescales.
Additional information –
Course objectives, by the end of the course successful candidates will be able to:
– understand the main requirements and application of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007.
– understand the factors to consider when carrying out a site assessment; identify construction activity hazards, assess the risks and recommend control measures.
– identify the hazards and outline appropriate control measures in the following areas: movement of people & vehicles, manual & mechanical handling, work equipment, electrical, chemical & biological, physical & psychological, working at heights, excavation work & confined spaces and demolition.
– successfully carry out a safety inspection of a construction workplace identifying hazards, recommending control measures and preparing a management report
Accreditation – NEBOSH
Duration – 10 days (+1 day for exams)
Validation – NEBOSH qualifications do not expire, you are not required to retake any units or sit a refresher course.
Entry requirements – delegate to have passed the NGC1 unit as part of a previous NEBOSH qualification within the last 5 years – evidence needed.