Legionella is a waterborne bacterium. It can cause a pneumonia-type illness called Legionnaires’ disease and a mild flu-like illness called Pontiac fever. Due to its serious health risks, any premises with a water system must ensure that their system is free from legionella.
This course is suitable for anyone who looks after a premise of any kind who needs to keep themselves or their tenants from harm. Landlords, Letting Agents, employers and self-employed people may all fall under this category.
The course covers topics that enable delegates to be more aware of what Legionella is, its risks, symptoms, and treatment. You will also be educated on the legal responsibilities of Legionella Awareness, where you can I find Legionella, how to conduct risk assessments and how to Control those risks.
Accreditation – Akan Technical Training
Duration – 1/2 day
Validation – there is no expiry on the Legionella awareness certificate, however it is highly recommended you take a refresher every 2-3 years to keep up to date with any legislative and procedural changes.
Entry requirements – there are no formal entry requirements. However, the delegate is to be proficient in English (written and oral).
Additional Information –
By the end of the course, delegates will:
– have a better understanding of where Legionella bacteria can be found
– carry out risk assessments to monitor and control the potential hazards
– have a better understanding of the source of the bacteria and how it affects your health
– be more knowledgeable on the legal responsibilities of preventing the bacteria
– be better equipped on how to implement control measures to stop it from returning
Further development / qualifications – other health and safety courses that will be relevant to your sector, please speak to a member of the Akan team who will be more than happy to help you out.