This IOSH WS course aims to inform delegates on why health & safety is important and is designed to demonstrate how everyone can contribute to a safer workplace. It focuses on raising awareness towards best practice, as opposed to focusing on legislation. In addition, it also focuses on the individual and how their collective actions can contribute to health & safety in the workplace and that their responsibilities are clearly understood.
The Institution of Occupational Health & Safety (IOSH) is the world’s largest professional health and safety membership scheme. In addition, it aims to regulate the profession of health and safety providers by setting standards, as well as connecting members to resources and providing support, guidance and training. This course is suitable for any delegates from any sector or industry.
Accreditation – IOSH
Duration – 1 day
Validation – IOSH WS certificates have no expiry date, however IOSH recommends that delegates resit the course every 3 years as a refresher.
Entry requirements – no formal requirements for the IOSH WS.
Additional information –
Course objectives, by the end of the course the delegate will:
– have a clearer understanding of identifying and dealing with occupational risks and hazards.
– be able to outwardly improve safety in the workplace.
– understand how they can make a difference to their own well-being and of their team, through everyday behaviours.
– be more aware of the legislated responsibilities of companies.
– have a greater understanding of how to reduce environmental impact.
Further development / qualifications – Other IOSH courses leading safely and managing safely.