The IOSH Leading Safely course is essential learning for senior managers and delegates in a leadership role; it provides delegates with an awareness of their health and safety responsibilities with regards to the day-to-day running of the business and understanding the importance of adequately resourcing health and safety management systems.
The Institution of Occupational Health & Safety (IOSH) is the world’s largest professional health and safety membership scheme. In addition, it aims to regulate the profession of health and safety providers by setting standards, as well as connecting members to resources and providing support, guidance and training. The IOSH LS course is suitable for delegates in senior management positions / leadership roles.
Accreditation – IOSH
Duration – 1 day
Validation – IOSH LS certificates have no expiry date, however IOSH recommends that delegates resit the course every 3 years as a refresher.
Entry requirements – no formal requirements for the IOSH MS; however, you are required to complete a pre-course IOSH questionnaire before the course.
Additional information –
Course objectives, by the end of the course the delegate will:
– have an awareness of current health and safety legislation.
– better understand the moral, legal and business need for proactive health and safety management.
– recognise how to implement health and safety policies and integrate them into a business
– appreciate the value of health and safety management and training at all levels and when to look for advice.
– understand the consequences of not managing health and safety effectively and how to ensure internal processes are working.
– be aware of the importance of continual improvement.
The course is highly interactive and contains a range of different elements. The delegate will also learn through a mixture of group discussions, case studies, scenarios and classroom theory work. To complete the course delegates will produce an action plan as a part of their organisations review process and complete a written paper exam.