This HSA course provides the delegate with a basic introduction to understanding potential construction site hazards and how everyone can contribute to keeping the workplace safe. This course is a popular route for anyone looking to take their first step towards obtaining a CSCS Labourers (Green) Card. This HSA course is suitable for those who have entered, or are about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry. The course gives delegates an awareness of health and safety and how it affects their daily role.
The delegate will also need to pass a touch screen (CITB Health, Safety & Environment) test, these are available to book at https://www.citb.co.uk/cards-testing/booking-test/book-for-an-individual/
Accreditation – CITB
Duration – 1 day
Grant – you can claim up to £30 if you provide us with your CITB Levy number.
Validation – HSA certificates are valid for 5 years, you will need to sit another HSA course before your 5 years is up.
Entry requirements – there are no formal entry requirements. However, the delegate is to be proficient in English (written and oral).
Additional information –
Course objectives, by the end of the course the delegate will:
– Understand the need to prevent accidents.
– Have an understanding of health and safety law; including the Health and Safety Act and its surrounding regulations in relation to the construction industry.
– Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the construction site.
– Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements.
– Understand the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure.
– Feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident.
The HSA is a highly interactive course; which uses various methods of teaching including case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. You will also be required to take an exam.