The Harness & Lanyards course is designed to educate the delegate on the range of harnesses, set up and associated tools relating to working at height on an adjustable lanyard or horizontal safety line.
This course develops competency for working on roofs, with ladders and steps; as well as knowledge of the safe and correct use of harnesses. The course also underpins the need for safety, highlights the dangers associated with working at height, the governing legislation, what kinds of work would require a safety harness, as well as how to inspect Harness & Lanyards for faults and damage to ensure they are safe to use. We can also include any inspection sheets your company use within the course, please ask for more details.
Accreditation – Akan Technical Training
Duration – 1/2 day
Validation – there is no expiry date on harness & lanyards certificates, however it is highly recommended that you attend a refresher course every 2 years.
Entry requirements – there are no formal entry requirements. However, the delegate is to be proficient in English (written and oral).
Additional Information –
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
– conduct the relevant safety checks for each piece of equipment in line with the relevant guidelines
– dismantle and set up a horizontal safety line
– select the appropriate fall protection equipment for the task they are conducting
– chose the correct length of line for their adjustable lanyard
– use a range of anchor systems and communal fall arrest blocks
Further developments / qualifications – other short courses within relevance to delegates who use harnesses and lanyards; such as work at heights, ladders & stepladders user and inspection.