Display screen equipment (DSE) assessments are not only a legal requirement – done correctly they can actually help with combating musculoskeletal disorders, reduced concentration levels and other ill-health effects that are symptomatic of time spent at poorly-designed workstations.
The DSE assessor training course provides delegates with an understanding of the legal framework and underpinning of ergonomic principles of DSE including smart phones, laptops and tablets. DSE training is ideal for anyone with line management responsibilities, those who have been appointed as DSE assessors and those involved in delivering new staff inductions
The key topics covered in the DSE course are – key reasons for managing workplace DSE, ill health and risk factors associated with DSE use, the DSE Regulations and their implementation, assessing and reducing DSE related risks and the application of ergonomic principles, the role of the DSE assessor, the use of portable DSE and the use of the RULA ergonomic assessment.
Accreditation – Akan Technical Training
Duration – 1/2 day
Validation – there is no expiry on the DSE certificate, however it is highly recommended you take a refresher every 2-3 years to keep up to date with any legislative and procedural changes.
Entry requirements – there are no formal entry requirements. However, the delegate is to be proficient in English.
Additional Information –
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
– identify key health and safety principles in relation to DSE
– recognise risk factors for and signs and symptoms of DSE related ill health
– identify the key requirements of the DSE Regulations Recognise a structured approach to the application of the DSE Regulations
– complete a DSE risk assessment using ergonomic principles to reduce risk
– assess a competed DSE assessment form, identifying risk factors and possible interventions or strategies to eliminate or reduce the risk
– identify the risk factors and control measures when using portable DSE Complete a sample RULA assessment for a DSE user.
Further development / qualifications – other health and safety courses that will be relevant to your sector, please speak to a member of the Akan team who will be more than happy to help you out.