The CDM training course outlines the main requirements of the regulations and covers duty holder responsibilities. It will enable the Principal Designer or Principal Contractor understand their own company’s construction projects. It is not intended to enable delegates to act as Principal Designer or Principal Contractor in their own right.
The aim of this course is to ensure that delegates are aware of the legal duties placed upon Principal Designers and Principal Contractors under the new CDM 2015 legislation. The course is suitable to the roles of the delegates within the Construction, Design & Management.
Topics that are covered in the CDM course include The content covered by the Health and Safety course includes: developing the planning and management of projects during all stage, finding risks in the planning stage, regulating and managing remaining risks, improving health and safety measures, understanding the foundation and ideology of Construction Design Management, applying and interpreting the regulations and ACOP and ACOP training & competence.
Accreditation – Akan Technical Training
Duration – 1/2 day
Validation – there is no expiry on the CDM certificate, however it is highly recommended you take a refresher every 2-3 years to keep up to date with any legislative and procedural changes.
Entry requirements – there are no formal entry requirements. However, the delegate should have a basic understanding of the new CDM Regulations, be able to read drawings and have general knowledge of the Construction Industry.
Additional Information –
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
– the statutory obligations placed on clients, principal designers, designers, principal contractors and contractors
– the role of principal designers as co-ordinator
– the risk assessment process and its relevance in the preparation of the Pre-Construction Phase Plan and the minimum health and safety requirements for construction sites
– the preparation and implementation of the Construction Phase Plan and the general requirements for all construction sites
– preparation of the Health and Safety file.
Further development / qualifications – other health and safety courses that will be relevant to your sector, please speak to a member of the Akan team who will be more than happy to help you out