The Accident Investigation course is for those who assist in accident investigation in the workplace. The course also contains techniques which can be incorporated to company procedures to make accident investigation more structured and consistent. The skills learned will contribute towards organising accident investigation. The course is relevant to people at all levels – from senior managers to employees and their representatives.
The course covers various topics such as the legal requirements for recording and reporting accidents, improved relationships with enforcing authorities and insurers, the financial benefits of accident prevention and improved worker morale, leading to greater productivity and profitability.
Accreditation – Akan Technical Training
Duration – 1/2 day
Validation – there is no expiry on the accident investigation certificate, however it is highly recommended you take a refresher every 2-3 years to keep up to date with any legislative and procedural changes.
Entry requirements – there are no formal entry requirements. However, the delegate is to be proficient in English (written and oral).
Additional Information –
By the end of the course, delegates will:
– have a better understanding of the legal requirements for reporting accidents.
– understand why you need to investigate accidents.
– be able to appreciate why an enhanced relationship with authorities and insurers is important
– have a better understanding of the financial gain for preventing accidents.
– able to understand how incidents happen and the immediate, underlying and root causes of them.
Further development / qualifications – other health and safety courses that will be relevant to your sector, please speak to a member of the Akan team who will be more than happy to help you out.